 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2928
Re: POV dat for L3P v1.4 - 3626bpse - Minifig Head with SW Scout Trooper Black Visor Pattern - POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:30:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Ok, so now I've found out why my minifig head dats with inline POV no longer
work. New POV-Ray version was no problems this time. But two changes frm L3P 1.3
to 1.4 caused problems:
The names of the colors have been changed from Color[n*] to L3Color[n*], and
STUDS are now L3Studs.
In my planned new version of MFHead, I will have to make if-statements

How do I write if staterments in the POV code to make this correct?

L3Version < 1.4 should give:
#if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color0 }
L3Version > 1.3 should give:
#if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { L3Color0 }

and

L3Version < 1.4 should give:
#if (STUDS)
difference {
cylinder { <0,0,0>, <0,-4,0>, 6 }
cylinder { <0,0.01,0>, <0,-4.01,0>, 4 }
}
#end
L3Version > 1.3 should give:
#if (L3Studs)
difference {
cylinder { <0,0,0>, <0,-4,0>, 6 }
cylinder { <0,0.01,0>, <0,-4.01,0>, 4 }
}
#end
?

/Tore

Sorry for the late answer.
L3P v1.4 has L3Version declared, v1.3 has not.

#ifdef (L3Version)
   material { L3Color0 }
#else
   #if (version >= 3.1) material #else texture #end { Color0 }
#end

(L3P v1.4 does not support PovRay < 3.1)

For the studs I suggest that you in the beginning of your file
declare L3Studs if not already declared/defined:

#ifndef (L3Studs)
   #declare L3Studs = STUDS;
#end

and then just test for L3Studs.