 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2802
2801  |  2803
Subject:
realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:39:03 GMT

Hi,
I'm trying to produce a realistic minifig head with povray. I tried severals
head parts in MLcad but the result after conversion with L3P is always not very
good. I tried LGEO parts but it is too old and only supports a very early
version of the minifig head.
I tried the mesh enhancer from L. Teichert. The result is a little bit better
but still looks not very realistic. Espacially the upper part of the head still
has a lot of corners. And the mouth seems to disappear with mesh enhancer?!
L. Teichert is unreachable under his old mail addy...he has a small gallery with
really nice minifig renderings. So I think there is a way to reach a better
result.
Every idea or hint is very welcome!

Sven