 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2592
Re: Raytracing Challenge: Remix Lenin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:49:21 GMT

   Looking at my challenge entry, I realize that no one will learn anything from it... I’m pleased with the results, but it feels like a bit of a failure, because I can’t give a good lesson on how the look was achieved. I tend to get very carried away in Photoshop, to the point where I’ve made so many dozens of modifications I can’t fully retrace my steps. I’d like to make another entry from a more educational perspective. I’ll try to use only free software, so as to make it fully accessible to anyone.

I don’t think you need to write a “how to do this” tutorial. Nowadays, with google and the online tutorials, it can be a big help just giving the names of some of the tools you use. Often fining out how to do something is easy once you know the name but really hard until then.

Tim