 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2578
2577  |  2579
Subject:
Remix Lenin Challenge Entry: Lenin in the snow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:08:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Posted on behalf of Andreas Weissenburg

aw1leninsnow.pov

aw1makesnow.inc

Hi Tim,

I was actually lurking around the povray pages to see, what I can learn next, when you started the contest/challenge. And I stumbled over a macro by Gilles Tran which generates kind of snow on objects and after you have choosen the lenin statue I thought, that might fit. The macro ist maybe not the best for hard edges like lego bricks but I have processed a good result (at least in my opinion).

I do not know, if such a macro fits the rules but at least it should be ok for challenge entry and not contest entry, since it shows, how povray community work could be integrated in an own scenery.

For this and since my lugnet account I still not confirmed, I send you the files and ask if you can accept this as a challenge entry. I commented the povray code at the relevant lines. It is rendered with radiosity and I used lgeo (w. fixes) but I excluded additional colour changes to be more focused on the snow. I also attached the macro file “makesnow.inc” (by Gilles Tran found here) and a 800x600 jpg-file of the result. Postprocessing was only the reduction from 1024x768 bmp to 800x600 jpg and adding a small black frame for protecting the picture. This was done in Picture Publisher. I will see if I can add more entries (challenge or contest), but already thank you for the event.

Andreas