 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2394
Re: Fixed LGEO parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:26:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Chris Daniel wrote:
      I noticed that (lg_32009.inc  Technic Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent) is
still incorrect when viewed from behind.  It has 2 peg holes instead of axel
holes.

Yes the axleholes were only half the brickwidth, so they didn't make it to surface of the back side.
  lg_32140.inc Technic Liftarm 2 x 4 L-Shape
  lg_6629.inc Technic Liftarm 1 x 9 Bent
had the same problem.
I've updated http://www.hassings.dk/l3/lgeofix.html with all three.

Also do you have any suggestions about how to edit and create these files?

I use a text editor (vim). Comments in the LGEO files are very rare,
so when I have to debug e.g. 32009.inc I insert a lot of
  texture { lg_red }
  texture { lg_green }
etc. in the objects in the file and render it.
In this way I can identify the different sections of the LGEO part.

If I were to create a new LGEO file I would look at similar parts
and copy as much as possible from them.
Note that the the LGEO parts are oriented and sized differently.
Watch out for L3PPARTS which will be much easier to create,
see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9469
/Lars