 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 233
Re: Tuk-Tuk. Three wheeled motorized taxicab, at BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 12:21:16 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <BramL@JUNO.com> writes:

great job (as usual) on the Tuk-Tuk!

Thanks!  The Brickshelf gallery is really turning into a "show and
tell" section by now, which is nice.  I've always felt that something
like this is needed.

BTW, you can probably see that I've used Lutz Uhlman's LGEO library
for the parts, and L3P for those that are missing.  This makes the
ray-trace much better, IMO.

The heading is kind of deceiving--the real thing is motorized, but
not this mode, right? :)

You are quite right.  I added the "motorized" keyword to make sure
that nobody mistook it for a model of the pedal-powered "rickshaw",
commonly seen in Asia.

People who have been to Bangkok should be in no doubt that the
túk-túk's are motorized -- the noise and the fumes from the two stroke
engine is just terrible!

I'm still working on the ray-trace, BTW.  I was looking through my
holiday snaps to find an image I can use for a background, but found
none.  So I'll be surfing the web a bit now to see if I can find
something suitable.  I should obviously have taken more images from
Khao San Road!

I did add one of my own photo's of the túk-túk as a reference, though.

Fredrik