 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2025
    Hooklift Truck Poster —Jennifer Clark
   Jeroen de Haan has kindly made a poster of my hooklift truck render and placed it on (URL) . Thanks Jeroen! I rendered the poster at a far higher resolution than previously to allow better quality prinouts; it took an Athlon XP 2000 over a week to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Mike Thorn
     (...) And well worth it, too! Beautiful poster. Shame I only have a b/w printer... It's also a shame I have so many icons on my desktop...I can't hardly see the picture... Great stuff! ~Mike (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Paul Kleniewski
   hi jennifer can i ask you to render this model as a raytrace please me and my friend are arqueing about the quality of this hipotetic raytraced scene :))) br pixel "Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Jennifer Clark
   (...) Dunno about that mate, it'll cost ya :-) Jennifer (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Paul Kleniewski
   i'm prepare to die for this :) because my frind is going to bet his... life thinking the raytrace will look much much worse i would bet it will look similar in fact comparable if the program can raytrace well :) so the goal is to render the same (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Travis Cobbs
     (...) I would assume that the rendering was made using the radiosity feature of POV-Ray. If this is the case, then it is already raytraced. The radiosity is just an enhancement that improves the quality of the lighting. You definitely cannot get (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Jennifer Clark
   (...) I've re-rendered the scene without radiosity - needless to say it was much quicker than with radiosity. You can see the results here :- (URL) could have perhaps done a better job with the lighting, but it should give you a basis for (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Paul Kleniewski
   thanx very much jennifer if this scene is rendered with the same settings then the quality of rs is much much better than rt so i have to say sorry to my friend who was right i thought they will be comparable but what about the focal blur in rt (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: Hooklift Truck Poster —Jennifer Clark
   (...) All settings are equal, other than not having radiosity switched on. As pointed out in another post in this thread, it is not an either/or situation with ray tracing and radiosity, you can blend both at the same time. The radiosity hooklift (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)