 CAD / LDD / 101
Re: Save the 10183 trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 14:59:18 GMT

Unfortunately, that won't work for me. My computer (typing on it now) is
running 64 bit Ubuntu Linux. I've managed to get MLCad and TrackDesigner
running under 32 bit Wine (Windows emulator), since 64 bit Linux is happy
to run 32 bit programs. Took a bit of messing around...

I bought 5 copies of the Hobby Train set, so I've got a fair bit of money
invested in this!

The other thing that Lego could do for folks like me is to sell us printed
instructions - I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price ($30.00?)

-Chris Gray

I must be missing something here--I mean you can go out and buy a really cheap
Windows machine or a Mac mini that will run LDD. Money is obviously not a
problem--since you state that 5 sets is just a "fair amount of money". To me
that is a heck of a lot of money.  I am a Windows fan, but had to go out and buy
an Apple because it had the program I wanted. If Linux has a program that I
really needed, I guess I would try and figure out how to use it also.
Dell has one that sells for  only $359.

My engraving software only runs on Windows, my Photoshop only on Mac (the
version I like, anyway). At least LEGO did not leave out Mac when designed LDD.
That made a lot of Apple cores happy.

Tommy Armstrong