Re: RACHAL Changeover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:27:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi folks,

since no Mac or UNIX was involved in the creation of the mpd file we are trying
to understand what has messed up the end line character.

Maybe it's a downloading problem.  On windows .mpd files are associated
with microsoft project by default.  Perhaps because of this, some sort
of translation occurred on downloading the file?  Or more likely it's an
uploading problem.  If you used ftp to upload it, and did not set ftp
to binary mode, it'll translate the end of line characters automatically
to the destination system default for you.

we uploaded four files
and would like to know how they turn out in notepad. please screenshot:

http://www.ldraw.org/files/BricksDOS.ldr
http://www.ldraw.org/files/BricksMac.ldr
http://www.ldraw.org/files/BricksUNIX.ldr
http://www.ldraw.org/files/Bricks_Willy.ldr

Sorry no screenshots, but Willy and Dos are identical files and
behaved well in notepad.  Bot Mac and Unix showed little boxes where
the linefeeds should be.  The files are different though.  Unix had
\n linefeeds, and Mac had \r return chars.

Have fun,

Don

Same results here.

L3LAB:
In addition to this info, I wish to add that with DOS, UNIX, and Willy the
bricks showed up fine in L3Lab, but from the Mac file, L3Lab just showed an
empty window.

NOTETAB:
All four look idential and correct in NoteTab.

All run in Swedish Win98SE.

/Tore