Subject:
Updating LDraw's History
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:32:12 GMT

hi folks,

reading the new brickjournal Ldraw's history ends in 2003. 2003! ...
hang on ... the history at the site even stops in 2001!!!
http://www.ldraw.org/article/11

scrolling down ...

"Note: The LDraw History document is far from complete. If you recall
anything of significance that was not mentioned here, remind us please,
and we'll do our best to add it!"

following links (http://www.ldraw.org/article/11) ...

"Finish filling out the LDraw History pages. Approx. 1-2hrs time needed
to complete task. Posted 01.02.02"

someone who is willing to give me a helping hand? I collected some
highlights for 2004. I would leave the wording to a nativ.

* ratification of the LDraw.org Bylaws
* Election of the first SteerCo
* LDraw.org Celebrates 5 Years!
* Formalizing the LDraw.org Contributors Agreement
* MLCad V3.10 ships with support for LSynth
* LDraw Design Pad v1.5.6 Released
* LDView Version 2.1 Released
* LSC agrees that embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files is undesirable
* Election of the second LSC
* Release of 4 Updates with a total of 977 files
* Chris Dee runs the LDraw booth at LEGOWorld in the Neatherlands
* Orion runs a LEGO CAD Developer Roundtable @ SIGGRAPH, Tim an "Intro
to Free 3D LEGO Modeling Software"
* I run into deep trouble with the launch of my website (it soaks up a
lot of part-making-time ;-)

did I miss something, someone?

bye, w.