Subject:
LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee - Wrap-Up and Thank You
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 23:11:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee (4+1) would like to take the time to publicly wrap up its duties as the provisional authority for LDraw.org with a few words.

First, a big thank-you to everyone who helped in the organizing process. We thank those of you who participated in online discussion, who contributed to the drafting of the Bylaws, who voted to rafity the bylaws, and who wished us well.

Also, thank you to everyone who considered LDraw.org important enough to run in the first Steering Committee election, and thanks to everyone who voted in the election. Special thanks to Orion Pobursky for his work with creating the poll, and for Wayne Gramlich for tallying the votes.

When the Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee started out, we outlined four short-term goals. Short-term goals turned into long-term goals, however, we eventually got the job done. :-) Those goals were:
  1. Spearhead the establishment of a formal LEGO CAD fan group.
  2. Implement a process to formally register members of the group.
  3. Finalize licensing agreement(s) for the LDraw parts library.
  4. Implement a permanent parts-submission process.
We have successfully accomplished three of the four goals. We choose to defer number 3--finalizing the parts library licensing agreement--to the Steering Committee, and we’re confident the elected group will consider this a top priority moving forward.

And at that, we now bring our duties as the Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee to a close--with a thanks to everyone who supported us along the way to this point.

The newly elected Steering Committee will now assume it’s position as governing body of the LDraw Organization, per Bylaws sections 6.03, 6.03(d) [1].

Sincerely,

Tim Courtney
Steve Bliss
Jacob Sparre Andersen
Terry Keller
Larry Pieniazek
--

[1] Due to the Qualification clause Bylaws (6.03(d)), acts of the Steering Committee will not be binding until 30 days after the election. This gives time for the committee to convene, set agendas, and get adjusted. It also allows time to update the necessary documents (and in this case, create new ones) on LDraw.org reflecting the Steering Committee.