Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 15:27:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
This sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think there's a need for it right
now.  The techies list is kinda low-interest -- it's good to have a public
archive of the list (which we've already got), but I don't see a burning
need to mirror it onto LUGNET.

I think both LDraw.org and the community at large would benefit from
it being mirrored.

And another beauty of mirroring an archive like this is that it's so easy
to set up that even if there's not a perceived burning need for it, the
long-term benefits easily outweigh the short-term effort involved.  At
the ldraw.org server end, it's as trivial as adding a new e-mail address
to the distribution list.

--Todd

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes:
I think both LDraw.org and the community at large would benefit from
it being mirrored.

And another beauty of mirroring an archive like this is that it's so easy
to set up that even if there's not a perceived burning need for it, the
long-term benefits easily outweigh the short-term effort involved.  At
the ldraw.org server end, it's as trivial as adding a new e-mail address
to the distribution list.

Never mind...  It sounds as though the LDraw-tech folks really don't want
their list mirrored here.

--Todd

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes:
I think both LDraw.org and the community at large would benefit from
it being mirrored.

And another beauty of mirroring an archive like this is that it's so easy
to set up that even if there's not a perceived burning need for it, the
long-term benefits easily outweigh the short-term effort involved.  At
the ldraw.org server end, it's as trivial as adding a new e-mail address
to the distribution list.

Never mind...  It sounds as though the LDraw-tech folks really don't want
their list mirrored here.

--Todd

What are you talking about Todd?  I for one would like the list mirrored here.

-Orion

Re: LSC Proposal 0.99