Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Help Still Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:16:37 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
There are still a lot of things that need to be done on ldraw.org, and there's
only a handful of volunteers in a specialized area.  We are in need of help
working with reference material for the most part.

As quoted from a previous post:

5. Reference - Currently No Group Leader

'The reference section should contain tutorials on various aspects of LDraw
and
LEdit, and their various unofficial utilities.  A perfect example of this is
Bram's tutorial, which from my best recollection of what he said can't be
moved yet.  That is fine.

People volunteering for this position should write tutorials for these
programs.  You should be an experienced user or perhaps the author.  There's
not much to say about this part, except it would be nice to have tutorials so
new users can lear easier.

The key here is we need help.  I am dissappointed that so few have
volunteered.  Now its summer, and college and high school students have more
time on their hands.  If you use LDraw, there is no reason you should not help
out with this project.  It will enhance your use of the tool and also allow
new users an easier start.  Please, help promote LDraw and what James has
started through this project.

For what it's worth, which is nothing, I have a good deal of
experience writing manuals and instructions because of some duties I
have taken on at work, but the chance of me finding the time to do a
GOOD timely job at this are exactly nil.  I've worked 12 hour days for
the last 3 weeks and I'm still behind, both at work and in my primary
personal activities.

I wish you the best in your efforts to find volunteers to help with
this, but I'd also point out that there are some of us who have given,
and continue to give, to the LDraw project in other ways that have
very little to do with this particular website.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide