 CAD / Development / 9621
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:16:14 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

And I'm curious about the <> characters in filenames.  I tried to make
some under Win2K and on a linux EXT2 filesystem and failed.  Ok,
that's not a really extensive filesystem test

[testing...]
WinXP with NTFS does not let you use < or > in filenames when renaming a
file.

You could probably generate such a name in plain old DOS - not from the
command line interface, but by calling the file operations from a program.
At least that's how one made cryptic file names with embedded control
characters in "the good ol' days" (love to have a file name with the 'clear
screen' escape sequence :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm