 CAD / Development / 9586
9585  |  9587
Subject:
LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:59:24 GMT

86 messages have been posted in this thread so far. I don't have a chance to
catch up what has been discussed by reading all posts.

Is it possible to make a brief and relatively easy-to-read summary of the most
significant suggestions, and what where the current discussion tends to lead to?
I think that this could be benificial for more than just me.

Just one small question: will these parameters be put in ldraw.ini and/or the
system's table  of environment variables? Or somewhere else, like in the
%LDrawBaseDir%? (Hopefully not the third option) Personally, I would really
prefer ldraw.ini only. If an environment variable, is it portable to use 8+
characters?

Any another sillier question just to show my ignorance: Pre and post stands for
before and after. In this case, before and after what? Before scanning the
default search path for LCad files I guess? If so, will it stop scanning by the
first match?

Is there a page where the current consensus is published?

Well, that was a little more than jst one question...
/Tore