 CAD / Development / 9530
Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:47:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
Also I suggest a \ after <LDRAWDIR>: "2=<HIDE><LDRAWDIR>\P"
Unix platform should of course convert to /.

I disagree with this one.  It should be implicit in the <LDRAWDIR> and
<MODELDIR> tags.

But you don't declare LDRAWDIR as C:\LDraw\, i.e. with a trailing
backslash.

Exactly, and you don't look for a part named "\3006.DAT" in the PARTS
directory?  When you combine the full path to the PARTS directory with
the part filename you have to add the "\" yourself, right?  So I know
you can do it...

We also use %WINDIR%\ldraw.ini and not %WINDIR%ldraw.ini.

Ah, but %WINDIR% is already platform specific so it's OK there.
By the way, are you suggesting we might allow environemnt variables
in the paths inside the ldraw.ini file?  Perhaps something like
%USERPROFILE%\PARTS or $HOME/models depending on the platform?

I think most variable substitution in any (script) language uses
explicit delimiters instead of having delimiters as part of the
variable.  Probably because it difficult to remove the trailing
delimiter in cases it is not needed.

This way we can define all the current default search
paths without any platform dependent characters.

So ?  Is that important ?

Actually I don't really care all that much.  Especially if you write
the code that parses it.  :^)

Don