 CAD / Development / 4615

Re: LDraw extended colors (for Paul Gyugyi)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:26:24 GMT

Lars C. Hassing wrote in http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=4187
(snip)
During implementation of Gyugyi's Direct Colors, I browsed his LDLite code:
(snip)
and read his doc:
(snip)
The code and the doc doesn't match!
If the code is the "truth", then the hex ranges in the last two
paragraphs should be swapped:
(snip)
Please decide which to change, the code or the doc.
(FYI MLCad follows the code)

Well, Paul, have you decided?

Also I would like to suggest that 16 is replaced with 17 (0x11):

|      zcp->r = 17 * ((c & 0x00000f00) >> 8);
|      zcp->g = 17 * ((c & 0x000000f0) >> 4);
|      zcp->b = 17 * ((c & 0x0000000f) >> 0);

In this way the max color intensity of 15 (0xF) gets mapped to 255 (0xFF)
in stead of just 240 (0xF0).

What do you think?
/Lars

Re: LDraw extended colors (for Paul Gyugyi)