 CAD / Development / 10827
    3ds Max Import Script —Shane Whitehead
   I've been working on a script to import ldraw data into 3ds max with some moderate success. I've been able to build primitive data and apply color/texture to the objects. I did find an issue between max 9 and 10 this morning which has me cursing (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: 3ds Max Import Script —Steve Bliss
   (...) Hi Shane, This sounds like an interesting project. And useful. :) (...) I think any user of autodesk tools has cursed their name at some time or another. ;) (...) And, if you wanted, you could replace some of the imported "primitive bricks" (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

        Re: 3ds Max Import Script —Travis Cobbs
     (...) Note that in addition to the directory structure, official parts should all have a comment line in them that starts with one of the following prefixes: 0 !LDRAW_ORG PART 0 LDRAW_ORG PART 0 LDRAW_ORG ELEMENT 0 OFFICIAL LCAD UPDATE 0 Original (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: 3ds Max Import Script —Shane Whitehead
     (...) Hi Travis! Thanks for the input. I'm yet to fully exploit the meta/header data of the files, I've focused on the winding properties only thus far. This will give me greater cause to look deeper into them! Cheers Shane (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: 3ds Max Import Script —Shane Whitehead
     Thanks Steve! That's really useful! I too thought that ldraw site would have the directory structure more documented then it is, but clarification is always nice. Cheers Shane (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

        Re: 3ds Max Import Script —Shane Whitehead
   (...) Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, what I've done is basically take both suggestions and merge them. Basically what I've observed so far is that not all parts in the "Parts" folder have the LDRAWORG meta tag (which denotes the type of file, (...) (16 years ago, 4-May-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)