 CAD / Development / 10832
Re: 3ds Max Import Script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 21:30:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Shane Whitehead wrote:
So, my question here is, how to determine what is a "brick" within terms of
ldraw.

At the moment I'm looking at the contents of the "parts" folder as been
"brick" primitives, what I really need is some clarification of the
directory structure so that I can move forward...

You're on the right track.  Pretty much every file in the parts folder is a
"brick".

I thought the standard directory structure would be well-documented on
ldraw.org, but I couldn't find such a document.

Note that in addition to the directory structure, official parts should all have
a comment line in them that starts with one of the following prefixes:

0 !LDRAW_ORG PART
0 LDRAW_ORG PART
0 LDRAW_ORG ELEMENT
0 OFFICIAL LCAD UPDATE
0 Original LDraw Part

(Note that these aren't case sensitive.)

Additionally, the current official comment line for people to put into
unofficial parts is:

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part

This one is pretty common, though:

0 Unofficial Part

So if you find any of the above in the file, you have a part, or a sub-part.

--Travis