 CAD / Development / 10731
Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:25:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  Qt 4 provides threads.  It can tell you how many ideal threads there are
(presumably the number of hardware strands).

I actually saw the "ideal num threads" call in the QT 4 documentation when I was
trying to figure out how to get the number of CPUs on a Linux box.  However,
even though the sysconf calls are in a QT-only section of LDView's code, I can't
use the call, since LDView uses QT 3.3.  (Once LDView switches to QT 4, maybe
I'll revisit, and even now I could add a check to see if LDView is being
compiled with QT 4, which is possible.)  I can't use the QT threads, though,
because all of LDView's threads are in its toolkit-agnostic code.  So I use
Boost threads instead, which I've been very happy with.

--Travis