 CAD / Development / 10693
Re: Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 00:28:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:
Willy Tschager wrote:

I would be really happy hearing form you (especially form those willing to patch
;-) You can contact me at: Sergio[dot]reano(at)polito{dot}it

Thank you,

Sergio

Why can't I install 'normally' to program files. It makes all kind of
weird folders in documents and settings now. Not to happy with that
personally.

I didn't have any problems with weird folders in documents and settings you just
unzip the files wherever you want and it will setup itself (which you can unzip
to a new folder under Program Files.) The only issue I have (which is an issue
with the .Net Framework) is that the application icon has to be located in the
root folder in the start menu (I can't move the icon somewhere else cause when
you restart the app it will recreate its icon).

EDIT: Well I did find out a way to do what I want -- after I unzip the files I
create my own shortcut to the SR3DBuilder.application file -- this is the real
file that launches the app (I think I had to run setup.exe first).

But that aside it's sounds very promising, unfortunately it crashes on
my machine.

first I get an exception about a missing jpg

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\ldraw\Images\NoImage.jpg
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean
useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)

After that It completely crashes on opening an model.

I suspect it's due to the location of the LDraw library on my system.
But I can't seem to change it anywhere (otherwise I could test with an
copy in c:\ldraw).

Hope this helps you to fix things. I would love to test the connection
functionality.

Greetings,

Roland

I went to the registry under HK_Current_User\Software\Lego3DCad and modified the
BaseDir entry there to point to the LDRAW directory that I have.

I also was getting the exception on the image folder. On Sergio's web site he
has a zip of part images that I downloaded and unzipped in the LDRAW directory
-- that fixed the exception.

-mark