 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6636
Re: How to obtain good photographs to make head patterns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:14:18 GMT

Is there any software that would help me correct the perspective in these kinds
of photos so I can use them? The only alternatives I can think of are getting a
better camera and taking my own photographs, painstakingly lining up each one,
I think that making good photos is the best way. You need a camera with good
optical zoom, make your photos directly in front of head, and from a distance to
minimize field of view. The photo you get is not very different from a
projection on a plane, so after patterning the whole face you can use SlicerPro
to map the pattern onto the head.

One drawback of most cameras is that their macro position generally work best in
wide angle setting. Since you want a narrow angle to minimize distortion, you'll
end up in a relatively tiny head in your image. But with huge resolution of
modern camera, the head after cropping has enough pixels for patterning
purposes...

Philo