 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1882
Re: New Part: 973p105.dat Minifig Torso with Darth Vader pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 05:31:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Matt Schild writes:

0 Minifig Torso with Darth Vader pattern • [snip]
0 Patterned Front
3 0 3.125 4.875 -10 8 6 -10 4.125 7 -10

Matt,

It is the usual practice to _not_ hard-code the main color
of a pattern.  In other words, anything on the pattern that is
actually the _plastic_ itself, and not paint, is supposed to be
represented as color-code 16 (i.e., "Main Color").
On the other hand, if the area of the pattern in question
actually _is_ painted on (and not just the plastic showing through).

As an example, imagine what it would look like if LegoCo
accidentally printed the Darth Vader artwork onto a, say Belville Pink
minifig torso.  Everything that would show up as Pink in this case
(that would ordinarily show up as Black in a correctly fabricated
Darth Vader torso) should be encoded as color-code 16.
OK?

This is just constructive criticism, not a slam.
The reason I'm saying this now is that I hope you'll do
the Jedi Knight pattern (Qui-Gon/Young Obi-Wan)
for the minifig torso, but with the Main Color
encoded as color-code 16, so that I can then use this DAT file
for some Castle World CAD imagery.  ;-)
(I'd _love_ to get this artwork printed on Green or Blue torsos,
instead of the usual Tan/Khaki!  I think those would be really cool!!)

Thanks,
Franklin