 CAD / 9019
Re: How the heck do you use LGEO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:23:18 GMT

Thanks for the help.  I was using 3.1.

Only now, whenever it opens a .inc file, it spits out a bunch of errors,
such as 'numeric expression expected but undeclared identifier...'

any help?

Thanks for your time!

-JHK

You may find tutorials here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/

Are you using POV 3.5 or POV 3.1?  Using LGEO works much nicer with POV 3.1.
If you want to use 3.5 & LGEO then read this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1366

If you want to use POV 3.1 then do the following.

Download LGEO and place the files somewhere on your PC.
POV-Ray must also know where to locate the LGEO library.  To do this you
must edit the master POVRay.ini file. Follow these steps to edit the file.
Step 1.  Open POV-Ray
Step 2. Click on the menu called Tools
Step 3. Click on the menu item, “Edit master POVRAY.INI” and a text file
will open.
Step 4. Scroll to the bottom of the POVRAY.INI file and on the last line
insert the following: Library_Path=<full path to the LGEO library>
If you installed LDraw using the companion CD the full path will be
“C:\LDRAW\LGEO”, so you should type:  Library_Path=C:\LDRAW\LGEO
Step 5. Save and close the text file and also close POV-Ray.

-AHui
LDraw Help Desk