 CAD / 5789
Re: Reiterate: How to make a squish matrix?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:34:14 GMT

A quick keyword search turns up this page which states that it is NOT
possible (in one of the first few paragraphs).

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/matrix.htm+matrix+cylinder+cone+shear&hl=en

Sorry,

Don

In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Is there a way I can make a matrix that will "squish" an object?

Whoops!

Thank you Rui for helping me straighten this out -- I'm not doing this in
LDraw.  I'm just looking for a way to do this with a 4x4 matrix.  My target
app is POVRay, but I figured this question would be generic enough for
people in the .cad group.

So, to reiterate:  I'm looking for a 4x4 transform matrix that "squishes" an
object; e.g. a cylinder into a truncated cone.

I don't know if it's possible to get this transformation from a matrix.  I
thought I've seen one before, but I can't find any reference to one now.

Cheers,
- jsproat