 CAD / 4950
4949  |  4951
Subject:
Colour 24 in non type-2 lines (was Updated S\973S01.DAT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:16:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
My personal (perfectionist) preference would be to remove the mark from
973s01.dat and add it in the correct colour to each decorated torso.

Right.

Great! I see you have discussed the neck-mark in lugnet.cad.dat.parts
and come up with a brilliant solution.

The neck-mark has always been a PITA to me;
it is THE ONLY linetype 1 we have with color 24.
POV has no notion of a "reverse" color when you reference another object.
Or when you inherit a color (linetype 3 and 4).
And neither have other programs that you export DAT files to.

Can we agree that it is illegal to use color 24 in linetype 1,3,4 ?
/Lars

Yes - I believe this is correct.

PS. Here are the current parts having color 24 in linetype 1,3 and 4:

Linetype 1 with color 24
30.dat
4181p06.dat
4186.dat
4698.dat
These are all references to N-Nedge.dat and
should be corrected to color 16.

Agreed.

Linetype 3 with color 24
4318.dat
4771.dat
6156.dat
These are all triangles with two identical vertices and
should be corrected to linetype 2 with color 24.

Agreed.

Lars, do you have the time to contact the original authors or make the fixes
yourself?

Chris