 CAD / 3428
Subject:
3dWin functionality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:44:22 GMT

Has anyone gotten the import function of 3DWin to import .dat files?
Everytime I try it I get a "Nothing to Import" message.  Suggestions?

Ben

Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com
http://www.marsbase.com
-----------------------
The few, the proud...the plastic.

Re: 3dWin functionality?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:48:03 GMT

Ben,

I have got it to work, but I don't know what I did.  I have to say after
file format are you converting to?  If it is 3ds I would strongly suggest
using the export file feature of LeoCAD to do it.  The results are much
better.  The part library for LeoCAD is not as up todate as LDraw and
others but if your model doesn't have alot of new parts this is the way
to go.  I'll take a look at it later tonight and respond again.

Pat J