 CAD / 17860
Re: Problems with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:53:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Jaco has already increased the timeout, so he knows where in the code we
timeout.  LPub does pop up some dialog, but it could print out the
LDView/ldglite output.  It is in the tmp directory somewhere I think.

Jaco, you up for adding that?  Its great to have some help on LPub!

I too have run into this on many occasions and have had to use some pretty ugly
workarounds.  I've done instructions with not only thousands of parts, but
sometimes many more synthesized parts than regular, especially for pneumatic
models.  LPub times out not only when preparing individual pages, but when
trying to output the whole thing to PDF.  Not sure if there is a separate
timeout for the entire PDF (or PNG) batch process, or only for each individual
render.

Personally, my preferred fix would be a user definable timeout in LPub.  I
understand the reason for it to be there (because you want it to stop eventually
if it is not working).  However, on some of my larger models I fully expect the
PDF export to take 2-3 hours.  If user-definable is too hard, I'd settle for the
ability to simply disable the timeout entirely (not the default setting,
obviously).

Eric Albrecht