 CAD / 17859
Re: Problems with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:59:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:
I too am sorry for the late reply, but I hope I can help with this issue.

I experienced the same (I presume) problem with LDView "dying" while
rendering bigger models.  What I found out is that it is LPub who gives up
on LDView if it is not finished within 30 seconds (reported to Kevin a while
ago).  What I found out, though, is that LDView continues rendering in the
background and makes the step after all.  So, a dirty solution is to watch
the output folder and proceed only after you've seen that LDView has
generated the rendering.

Too bad there isn't a command-line only version of LDView for those
people who need it.

I'm pretty sure you can run LDView on the command line.  Do you mean a
command line only version of LPub?

I *know* that you can run LDView from the command line.  That is how
LPub uses LDView and ldglite as well.

Yeah, ok, I knew that too but I was hedging just in case I misunderstood
what he was talking about.

So what's the missing feature?  Maybe an option to see the LDView command
line running in a logging window somewhere?  I don't know if LDView prints
any interesting progress messages to stdout, but it might be useful to see
LPub log a message that it timed out and gave up on the LDView process.

Don

Jaco has already increased the timeout, so he knows where in the code we
timeout.  LPub does pop up some dialog, but it could print out the
LDView/ldglite output.  It is in the tmp directory somewhere I think.

Jaco, you up for adding that?  Its great to have some help on LPub!

Kevin