 CAD / 17346
17345  |  17347
Subject:
Bioncile part naming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 14:51:29 GMT

Now that Bionicle has been discontinued and been given a successor, what should we do about the part naming? Say, we got these two parts:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=60896

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87796

The parts are similar in both design and use (though the latter is more sleek and smooth). The only major difference between them are the themes they are used in - former is a “Bionicle” part and the latter is a “Hero Factory” part.

What if I’d go and model them both? (the latter one is on my to-do list..) How would I name them? We’ve in the past practiced that we shouldn’t have branding words in part titles.. why should we here?

Thus, I’m suggesting that we take all Bionicle parts, and rename them from “Technic Bionicle” to “Technic Figure”. The new naming would, naturally, also be applied to the Hero Factory parts, unifying the two groups of similar parts into one.

Thoughts?

-Santeri