 CAD / 17118
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:14:53 GMT

--snip--

gotta confess to some lurking, here.
i'm a frequent user of ldraw and visitor to lugnet.  i'm very interested to see
where this discussion goes and VERY curious to know what sites are taking the
place of lugnet (i 'get' the sites that have all kinds of pics, but where are
people going to discuss things??).

..joseph g

To my knowledge, this is really the only place to discuss LDraw in a manner
other than 'check out my MOC in LDraw'.  All, or nearly all of the developers
(and hopefully future developers) are here.  LUGNET also contains the searchable
history of the many discussions.

I already check three or four LEGO-related sites a day.  Its getting too
time-consuming to go to every site, just to get a fraction the latest news /
best creations.

I'd certainly like to help make LUGNET more popular and more user-friendly, so
that it will continue to attract new developers.  I just don't have the time to
be a web developer as well.

Scott W.
Member LSC

The Flickr group gets a bit active when I cross-post discussion threads from
here to it. There are people that don't use LUGNET but do use Flickr that do
like to talk about LDraw. However LUGNET is definitely the central place for it.

Tim