 CAD / 17109
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:43:03 GMT

Sergio wrote:

- The user will find LEOCad but has the same or more limitation then
BLOCKCAD

No, this is definitely not true. LeoCAD is AFAIK at least as powerful as
MLCad. BlockCAD is the most limited of the pack, but also the easiest to
use.

When I google for "lego cad" I get:

LDraw
LeoCAD
techbricks' link page containing links to LDraw, MLCad, LeoCAD, BlockCAD and
other things
Image results for lego cad showing BlockCAD and MLCad
BlockCAD
MLCad

Which, to my knowledge, mirrors the creation order of those CAD programs
quite accurately.

And I don't agree that the LDraw page is difficult to navigate, it's only
excruciatingly slow. The first thing I see is a Download link labeled "Get
Started" - how difficult can that be?

The page could be better, with some obvious pictures of LEGO models on the
first page, though.

--
Anders Isaksson