 CAD / 17062
Re: The future of LDraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:36:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Don Heyse wrote:

Really?  I kinda like to browse Eurobricks.  Lots going on there, with
plenty of great pictures.  Once I tried to help someone with lsynth
and then (I'm embarassed to say) I couldn't find my way back to that
topic the next day.  Even logged in I can't seem to find a way to get
anything like this view on lugnet, which marks visited posts whether
you're logged in or just lurking.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=*,-200&v=c

Am I missing something somewhere?  It'd be really nice if we could
have something that combines the best features of lugnet with the
modern look and posting features of the newer sites.

Maybe you're missing the 'login' part? When you're logged in you get a link
"View new posts" on top right under the banner.

You can also (when logged in) select the "Options" menu in the upper right
(although a bit lower than the other link) and there select "Track this
thread" to get email notifications (I think, I can't find any "My tracked
threads" anywhere, so I suppose it's by email) when something happens in the
thread - which is a bit counterproductive, as you'll have to read your mail,
see a notification and then go back to Eurobricks to read the actual
message.

Of course, you can also choose to get the posts mailed to you, and you can
probably set some other flags to make it inform you of the next solstice,
too...

Also threads with recent discssion are marked visually as being such and there's
an Active Topics list available next to View New Posts.

I'm going to be a little stirring here and suggest that possibly many of the
same people demanding that others learn LUGNETs interface haven't spent the same
time learning the interface of other forum software ;)

Tim