 CAD / 16847
Re: SR 3D Builder 0.4.5.7 RELEASED
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:21:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Il'dar Ismagilov wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote:
Hi,
new SR 3D Builder 0.4.5.7 has been just release and is online as always on
http://staff.polito.it/sergio.reano/

I sure would like to try the program, but non of my PC's (both home and work) or
laptop have been able to run any version so far.

I think this is because SR3DB is somewhat limited accessable due to the specs of
the hardware you need. A T&L (what is that?) graphic adapter with 128MB ram and
Pixel and Vertex shader ver. 1.1 or higher.

How can I tell if my PC's or laptop will run the program?

Jaco

Please let me know your graphic adapter model and I'll let you know if it can
work... better via email since this can bore other users...

from SR 3D history :

"- Now graphics requirements are lower: you need a 1.1 vertex and pixel shader
suppor to run application. In
  option dialog box you can now choose to disable antialiasing to get a 20-70%
boost in graphics performance
  (me myself get astonished about it)"

There are problems with ATI video cards  support in SR 3D which cause a crash.

Please note that ONLY SOME ATI card have problems. So long I get errors with ATI
1300, 1400 and 2600 series. Don't know anything with other card but I can ensure
it works with ATI 1700, 2400, 3xxx and 4xxx series.

So you need NVidia card of series 5(GF 5xxx),6(GF 6xxx),7,8,9 or last GF 230-265
and .NET 2.0 !! installed(i think you have no it - a reason of your problem).