 CAD / 16837
  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) So how about this time we do something universal? We've talked this up before at least once: (URL) wants to step forward and propose some generic META commands to at least identify a group of parts that belong to a single minifig? Can we adapt (...) (14 years ago, 11-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) I support extending the language. Maybe not in the above form but in some form. I'd also love to see something like the MLCad.ini minifig entries standardized. It doesn't have to be officially supported, a de facto standard is still a (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) Me too. I would prefer if we could set a standard within existing META-command sets, but I doubt that it may meet our requirements. Btw, what are our requirements? What do we want achieve? I could think of: 1. Standard tags that indicate... (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) Here is what I have found out about that META commands: 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom1" 0 ROTATION CENTER 2 3 4 1 "New Custom" The first three numbers are the xyz values of the rotation point The fourth number indicates the "Allow (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) Of course: LDraw.ini could host such information in a new section! No risk to violate any existing standard, no need to create yet another file to look for! /Tore (14 years ago, 18-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Extractor/Manipulator?

(...) I agree but we still need to standardize where the LDraw.ini will be for each OS. This location has to read/write accessible. My suggestions for the OSs I use are: Windows: $APPDATA\LDraw OSX: $HOME/Library/LDraw -Orion (14 years ago, 18-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)