 CAD / 16523
16522  |  16524
Subject:
LPub questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:34:35 GMT

Hi folks,

I'm updating my LSynth tutorial and wanna include some tips for LPub and trying
to answer this question http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=16456 but I'm facing some
problems. Admittedly I haven't worked with LPub for ages and was simply blown
away how advanced the WYSIWYG has turned in 4.0 - just WOW!  I hope some of you
might help me out 'cos I guess moste issues can be solved with the right
Meta-Command at the right time. I cooked up a small example file here:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LPub_Example.mpd
http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LPub_Example.pdf

* Would you confirm that I have to export the subfiles to the LDraw parts folder
to get them included in the PLI - in this case 0 !LPUB PLI BEGIN SUB Hose.ldr 1?
Without export no thumbnail is generated in the PLI.

* Why do I have to 0 !LPUB PART BEGIN IGN Hose_Pre_BufferExchange.ldr but not
Hose_Post_BufferExchange.ldr to hide it from the BI?

* Is there a META that sets cm? Inserting 20x20 cm in the page setup dialog
converts them to inches in the LDraw file 0 !LPUB PAGE SIZE GLOBAL 7.8740 7.8740
actually all figures in the LDraw file are calculated in inches driving you
crazy when you compare your figures in the dialogs with the file content.

* Is there a setting for the picture output where I can set something else than
188x265 pixel? http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LPub_Example_page_1.png

* Could some of you confirm that the JPG-output is broken in 4.0.0.4?

* How do I get the entire page in PNG?
http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LPub_Example_page_1.png

* How do I add text via GUI?

* How do I get rid off the conditional edges using LDView
http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/Conditional.jpg? I've tried to use different sets
but without success. Can I define a PreferenceSet via 0 !LPUB ASSEM LDVIEW_PARMS
<"string">?

* Is it possible to move around manually the single thumbnails in PLI? Clicking
on the thumb selects it but when you start howering the entire PLI moves around?

* No support for unofficial folders - correct?

* Do you confirm that changing the size of a part in the PLI window via drag is
not working and the GUI is not going to refreshed?

Byw, w.