 CAD / 16347
Re: LPub 4.0.0.3 available for test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:48:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kurt Baty wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   Hi gang, Well, leave it to a demonstration at Brickworld to bring out bugs in your program. I always evoke the first rule of frisbee when I give demos: Never say anything more predictive than, “Watch this!”.

   Enjoy! Kevin

Kevin, I used Lpub 4.0.0.3 to do the instructions for my Ghostbusters Ecto-1

These Ghostbusters Ecto-1 instructions

Please note the thanks to you on that web page! Really, I would not have even bothered to try to do and upload these plans if you program hadn’t made it so easy to do!!

I’m glad it helps!

Lpub 4.0.0.3 worked out very nicely. However I was not able to insert a jpeg image on the “cover page” and I couldn’t insert a BOM (that I could see it anyway).

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

thanks

kurt

You can only add a BOM on a cover page. For example:

1. Go to the last page of your instructions. 2. Use the edit menu’s “Add Cover Page” menu item in the main toolbar. 3. Go to the next page (the newly added cover page) 4. Use the edit menu’s “Add Bill of Materials” menu item in the main toolbar. 5. Click the BOM to get the thumb in the middle of the bottom of the BOM. 6. Click and drag the thumb to make the BOM the same aspect ratio as the page (it looks nicer that way). 7. If the BOM does not fit on the page, use the “Configuration->Bill of Materials Setup” menu item in the main toolbar. Use the “Contents” tab to display the scale control. 8. Edit the scale control to reduce the size of the parts displayed in the BOM. 9. Use the font controls to reduce the size of the instance counts and annotations. a) change them in the GUI b) after you click OK, the fonts will look huge (LPub bug alert!) c) edit the font meta commands to change the size (probably 33) to something like 8 or 9. Don’t forget you have undo.

Step 9 is the tricky part. I’ve got to work on that.

Kevin