 CAD / 16340
Re: LPub 4.0.0.3 available for test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:09:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
A few quick notes...

4.  Bill of Materials support is back
I searched some time how it could work... You have to insert or append a cover
page and select this page to get the Add BOM option ungreyed (in edit menu). As
a side note, if you add bom twice on the same page, weird things occur.

:^)

At Brickworld I was asked about adding BOM to a page with step(s).  This does
not work and is restricted to a cover page.

5.  Resize/shape of PLI and BOM using click and drag with the mouse!
Awesome feature!

It is my favorite new feature!  I like the instant feedback.

9.  Add of arbitrary images to any page type
Maybe it would be best to place arbitrary images below PLI/assemblies. This way
they could be used as custom background images (different on each page). Of
course the best would be to be able to control the order.

You should be able to change the background to use a picture instead.  That is
what background is for.

Adding text is not supported yet? (always greyed out)

Not yet.  This is very messy to implement.  Steve Hassenplug created a picture
with the text he wanted and inserted the picture (hint, hint ;^)

11. Export pages to a sequence of PNG/JPG or BMP images

Looks like jpeg export is broken (no file created). The other exports works fine
but I get some black lines in lower right side of page.

I have to look at this.  The whole print to PDF/export process is hindered by Qt
only liking specific page sizes.  Thanks.

19. Recognition of "Unofficial Parts" added to an MPD (this is the recommended
method for distributing MPD files that depend on unofficial parts), as parts,
not submodels.

Excellent!!! How do you distinguish parts from models?

If there is a line in the file that says LDRAW_ORG, it is considered a part, not
a submodel.

20. Open dialog now remembers the directory of the last successful open, and
starts there for a new Open request.
Thanks ;o)

I looked at this after input at Brickworld, and had it half implemented :-(  I
finished it since returning home.

Philo

Kevin