 CAD / 16251
16250  |  16252
Subject:
Looking for Wheel and Tyre DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:12:23 GMT

Hi all,

I’ve been building a lot of Technic sets in MLCAD lately and find myself lacking in a certain wheel and tyre combination. The wheel is 41896. This is a Technic Racing wheel which is smaller than the other two, also called Race Buggy wheel. The tyre is 45982 which is a balloon tyre to fit this wheel, 81.6x38 R.

They have appeared in a number of recent sets including the combine harvester, the big telescopic handler, and the venerable 8455 backhoe loader.

Not only are these parts not in the LDraw library,they don’t seem to be in the Parts Tracker either. This surprises me since they are both highly derivative of other similar parts. Am I missing something? Does anyone have DAT files for these parts? I’ve managed to approximate them by messing with the transformation matrix to do some scaling of similar parts, but it is just not the same.

Thanks, Eric Albrecht