 CAD / 15886
Re: LPub4 callout arrows vs. pointers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:55:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Great news Kevin!
I too would like to see the BOM back.
And it would indeed be so nice to be able to add corners to the callout arrows.
Perhaps even a line to the next page?

These are great ideas and on the list of todos, but they will have to wait for
some future release.

I've always assumed that LPub would support the double page concept so that you
could have arrows cross pages, but thats going to take a lot of thinking and
design.  LPub4 is currently a single page only design (I can only take on so
many layers of abstraction at a time, so I left this one on the back burner.

Right now the arrows are automatically placed, and as you move the callouts around, and place the relative to different things, or drag the callout or CSI arround, the tip never moves, just rotates.  With corners, what do I do?  Not have the corners move?   If you move the CSI only from tip to corner moves?  If you move the callout, only callout to corner moves?  I guess that makes sense.  So, then no matter how many corners there are, we only change from tip to first corner (from tip) when CSI moves, and from callout to the first corner (from callout).

I did not consider corners at all when I made the change from pointers to
arrows.  With corners, I'm going to have to redesign the meta-commands so that
we can allow for corners.

On the other hand, I like the pointers as they are now too. If it is possible I
would personaly love to see both styles.

I've been intensely using LPub lately for my Fiat 126 instructions and my Advent
Calender which has been very nice.

And Kevin, have you been able to add the feature of adding pages with custom
images or text?