 CAD / 15872
15871  |  15873
Subject:
LPub4 callout arrows vs. pointers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:21:51 GMT

I've been working a lot on 4.0.0.2.  One of the changes I've made is to
replace the callout pointers (the triangles), with arrows.

The arrow color is the same as the callout border.  You will have choices on
arrowhead dimensions and shaft thickness.  You set the arrowhead length simply
by dragging one of the two ends.

The point I'm trying to make is that I did not add arrows and leave pointers in.
I've replaced pointers with arrows, as LEGO did long ago.

Any objections?

Also, LPub already counts the number of times a given callout is used on a given
step, so it automatically adds an arrow for each instance.  LPub now
automatically figures out a nice place in the bottom right corner of a callout,
making sure it does not overlap with the CSI, PLI or step numbers in the
callout.  Dave Schilling and Steve Barile have been encouraging more
auto-formatting support.

Finally, LPub figures out where in the assembly image each added callout is
visible, and sets the arrow tip to the center of that region.

You *always* get arrows automatically pointed to approximately where each
callout instance is used (if you add a technic turntable, it might point to the
empty middle ;^).  I have no mechanism for turning this off, but I do allow you
to add and delete arrows individually.

Sound OK?

Kevin