 CAD / 15848
Re: Colinear Vertices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
My setup is primitive substitution with level set to one to keep geometry of
circles at 16-polygons. With that setup I see no special issues between
primitives (but maybe I have not paid enough attention). BTW, I use primitive
substitution only because it allows me to use textured studs to check their
orientation. Would it make sense to separate these options?

Hopefully you have primitive substitution set to two (second notch), since 1
provides 8-sided circular primitives.  As for separating the stud logo from the
primitive substitution, the logo is an implicit part of the substituted stud.
It's not something that is pasted over the stud, so substitution has to happen
in order to get the logo.  Granted, I could have a special stud-only
substitution mode, but I don't think I'm going to do that.

--Travis