 CAD / 15773
Re: MLCad being used by Lego Universe dev team?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   Hey guys,

Got the latest Lego Universe newsletter, and found this interesting.

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/newsnetwork/Story.aspx?id=91070

The screenshot of the CAD bricks seems to be from MLCad, with the edge lines and stud resolution. I would think they’d be using Lego’s internal Maya library.

-Stefan-

The shading looks too smooth to be MLCAD. Also, the studs in the image have the logo on top, which MLCAD doesn’t do.

Here’s a snapshot from LDView with settings and light angle tweaked to reproduce the image as closely as possible:

I don’t know about you, but I know what I think ;-).

--Travis