 CAD / 14928
    New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
   I have decided to set aside at least one hour a day to the project I just started today by writing this post. The three main goals are: 1. Create a short animation, using the tools mentioned in the subject line above. 2. Write a diary that explains (...) (17 years ago, 20-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
   (URL) just updated. So far, I've written 4 "chapters": * Brief Presentation and Preparations * Creating the Static Scene * Let There Be Light! * Let There Be Light, Part II Next step will be to improve colours using PreL3P. I don't know if it will (...) (17 years ago, 21-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Matt Wagner
     Hi Tore, I've been following what you've been doing with great interest, and have some exciting ideas using your datshine program. However, I can't seem to get it to work. I've downloaded the program and extracted it to my LDraw directory. I run it (...) (16 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
     (...) Hi Matt, I'm glad you find my project interesting. It's been down due to an assumed HD crash (that fortunately turned out to be no more than just a loose cable!) but after the Holidays, I'll pick it up again. Before running datshine, please (...) (16 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Travis Cobbs
     (...) Actually, autoexec.bat only works in DOS/Windows9x/WindowsME. In NT/Win2K/XP/Vista, you set environment variables via the System Control Panel. In XP, the following will work (and may work in NT/Win2K/Vista): Bring up the System Control Panel (...) (16 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Matt Wagner
     (...) Thanks, Travis and Tore. I'm able to render something now. But I'm afraid I have some more questions. 1) how do you incorporate the new "lit" part from datshine into a povray file of a model containing several pieces? Would I just find that (...) (16 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
     (...) Merry Christmas to you, too. Don't be afraid to ask, we're happy to help each other- 1) Sounds like you postprocess pov-files. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! We've had some discussions here on lugnet.cad and both ways have their pros and (...) (16 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Matt Wagner
     (...) Hi Tore, I've done some digging with Datshine again recently and came up with some interesting renders using your program. I was able to make the equivalent dat files in other colors by copying your examples in L46 and L47 to make a light blue (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
     (...) Yeah! SW Light sabres! Such a brilliant idea. The only bad thing is: Why didn't I think of it first? ;) You may wish to replace the official 16-edged minifig heads with perfetly round ones, too: (URL) more in my 16 replies to this post: (URL) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
   (...) assumed HDD crash - I'm back on track with the project again. Today, I've spent some hours just trying to find where in the project I was. Next step is to try to setup the FTP to my Telia homepage on my new PC. Now, where did I store the (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved —Tore Eriksson
   Two new chapters written: Fixing the Colours (URL) First Animation (URL) end of chapter 5 was rushed together due to lack of time, but I'll work on that next time. As always, feedback is welcome! /Tore (16 years ago, 29-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad)