 CAD / 14858
Re: PreL3P 1.0 - Ping Onyx!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:03:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
PreL3P is a console tool that converts LDraw color codes unrecognized by L3P to
hexadecimal "extended color" specifications. It reads "!COLOUR" meta commands
from ldconfig.ldr to determine the color of any given code.

For more details, an example, and downloads, see:

http://anoved.net/2007/10/prel3p.html

It's no replacement for dealing with colors directly in your POV-Ray code, but
it does let you render models containing any color without intervention.

Jim

Fantastic piece of software, just what I've been looking for. Thanks Jim! I just
can't believe your post isn't highlighted, but I guess it has to do with bad
timing; all attention on LDraw.org committee elections...

I've tried the Windows version, and it works to 100% as expected. I would prefer
a "Done." message to indicate that the program has run successfully though. Even
though it read on the window caption bar, I'm used to see it inside the window
on most similar applications.

I have another wish, too. If just the command line "prel3p infile.ldr" were
allowed, giving infile.org (infile.old or infile.bak; your choise) and an
updated infile.ldr as "outfiles", a drag and drop action in Windows Explorer
would be possible.

Anyway, PreL3P support would be great for L3PAO! Onyx, are you listening? ;)

/Tore