 CAD / 14797
Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - MATRIX section updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:09:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
Hey, could you perhaps toss in the word "homogeneous" when describing that
matrix?  I tend to find more complete explanations when I add that to my
internet searches.

Before I do that, can someone tell me if a 3D transformation matrix that
includes shear is still homogeneous?

Yes, the matrix is still homogeneous.  In fact this page contains a nifty
explanation of how what we normally think of as a translation matrix is
actually a shear matrix where the extra w dimension added to make things
homogeneous is the fixed coordinate.

  http://www.blancmange.info/notes/maths/vectors/homo/

Pretty neat, eh?

Enjoy,