 CAD / 14756
Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Rob Ross wrote:

I think it would be helpful to mention the used matrix in line type 1 is
row orientated (more clearly then 'standard matrix').

Just my thoughts,

Roland

Is this really what the LDRAW spec is stating? Because that would be contrary to
the OpenGL spec, in which the standard ordering of matrices is column-major.

So if you have a row like

a b c d e f g h

That would be interpreted in OpenGL as

a e
b f
c g
d h

and NOT

a b c d
e f g h

Rob

Hi Rob,
  Not to be indelicate, but LDraw was around *before* OpenGL.  That said, I
think the document *must* explicitly show something like this:

a b c
d e f
g h i

Furthermore I think the document must explain x, y and z.  If I remember
correctly above the origin, y is negative.

Kevin