 CAD / 14599
Re: LDView command line snapshot scaling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 00:00:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
I thought that I might be able to use the -ModelSize or -cg options to force
the same camera perspective in each case, but this doesn't seem to do what
I'd like.

Here are three example images:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/step1.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/step2.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/step3.png

I'm not sure what your command line was for those but -ModelSize=x should
work fine, as long as you set x to be big enough.  With the current source
code, -cg (with radius) should also work fine.  Despite the fact that -cg was
documented to support the radius part in LDView 3.1, it in fact didn't.  I
fixed that, but perhaps my fix happened after the LDView 3.2 alpha release.
There will be a 3.2 Beta 1 release very shortly.  (In fact, the Windows and
Linux files have already been posted to SourceForge.net.)  I'd suggest
waiting for that, or building from source, because I know I did some command
line fixes in this area after getting bug reports from someone else.  (I know
you built from source in the past; otherwise I wouldn't bother even
suggesting it.)

The thing to remember about -ModelSize is that you need to set it to be big
enough so that your biggest model will fit.

What units does the -ModelSize argument use?

Notice that all of the above images were generated using 1024x1024 as the
snapshot size.  Notice also that AutoCrop=1 cropped them to the actual size
needed.

Thanks for the examples! Those are helpful.

Your recent changes must indeed have fixed something relevant; the images I
generate with the first few example commands are very large (and not to scale):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/3003.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/3005.png

Out of curiosity, do you anticipate a Mac binary of the beta will be available?
If so, I can wait for that. Otherwise, I probably will dust off my notes and
have a go at building the current code.

Thanks again,
Jim