 CAD / 13712
Re: POV animation of walking minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 04:00:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Brok wrote:

http://legomind.ericbrok.com/index.htm?s=cad

I rebuild the algorithm for group animations.

LEGO On my mind http://legomind.ericbrok.com

These are great Eric. I’ve always taken note of minifig walkcycles, in independent brick films or Lego’s own video games, and there are not to many successes on that front. Walk cycles are difficult to begin with to make a convincing sense of weight and timing, and you’ve done both of that here and added many other gaits and a sense of physics at work on them. The double bob strut that they have going on is totally working, and you’ve kept the stiff integrity of the minifig intact without resolving to bending their limbs in unatural ways. I think the tilting is a great solution that adds a natural sway and swagger to otherwise very rigid figure. Thanks for sharing these, real treat to check out!

cheers, Joseph