 CAD / 13705
Re: Question for a BrickJournal article..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joe Meno wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Joe Meno wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone have a list of all the recipients of the James Jessiman Memorial
Award. Also, what is the criteria for the award? I'm working on an article and
couldn't find the information online.

Thanks,

Joe Meno
Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal

Joe

The announcement of the first (2001) award, here
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=56
gives a little detail on the rationale. Steve Bliss was the recipient.

The 2005 award was given to Michael Lachmann, see
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=366

This award is currently handled by the LDraw SteerCo (which is in limbo right
now until Orion re-surfaces), but in earlier years I think Tim Courtney handled
it.

Chris Dee (hopefully representing the SteerCo)

Thanks, Chris - now, the followup:
Has the award been given out between 2001 and 2005? Sorry for asking these
questions, but I can't find this info.

Thanks again,

Joe

Yes, I believe it has been awarded every year. I'm chasing up some other sources
of info. Or maybe the recipients could reply here?

Chris